I dropped Jackson off this morning and went on a short jog afterwards. Exercise! It didn't last long due to the 90 degree heat. Kim decided to take a nap while I tried to make sure that I don't keel over when I'm 40. I got back, showered (which was largely useless since the AC was broken in our building yesterday and today), and we headed off to a shady "Spa" that is down the block from our apartment.
We originally wanted to get massages at a more reputable place. But Bliss is very expensive, and the other place Kim found ($80 an hour) refused to pick up their phone on Wednesday. So, while walking around yesterday to avoid our stifling apartment, we walked by the shady spa that I walk past every morning when I drop Jackson off for daycare. It looks extremely suspicious from the outside:

But a random person we saw outside recommended it to us as very good but pretty bare bones. Good enough for us! We went there this morning and it met expectations. It was very bare bones, pretty shady on the inside, but provided a good solid massage at a very affordable price. $50 an hour! A good experience.
After that, we had a reservation for lunch at Nomad. Nomad is known for their special roast chicken for two.

The skin is stuffed with a foie gras stuffing and there is some black truffle used in some way. It was amazing, served with some cheesy potato thing made with a lot of CO2, and also some asparagus and some other potato thing. At 79 dollars it seems like a steal. We also got the tagliatelle, which was the best crab pasta concoction I've ever had. I'd return in a heartbeat.
After that awesome lunch, we went bowling. It was the first time we've been bowling since Jackson was born. I was pretty high variance, having the low and high score out of the three of us (James joined us). Regardless, it was nice to get back out there.

And now we're back at our place (with the AC fixed), and Jackson is kind of cranky for some reason. At least we had a good 8 hours out and about.
No comments:
Post a Comment